1. To ensure that confidential matters are not disclosed until disclosure is authorized by the Board.
2. This policy is further to the Confidentiality clause of the Board Bylaw.
3. The governors owe to the college a duty of confidence not to disclose or discuss with another person or entity, or to use for their own purpose, confidential information concerning the business and affairs of the college received in their capacity as governors unless otherwise authorized by the board.
4. Every governor shall ensure that no statement not authorized by the board is made by him or her to the press or public.
5. This policy applies to all board and non-board committee members.
6. All matters that are subject of closed (in camera) sessions of the board are confidential until disclosed in an open session of the board.
7. All matters that are before a committee or task force of the board are confidential unless they have been determined not to be confidential by the chair of the relevant committee or task force or by the board.
8. All matters that are the subject of open sessions of the board are not confidential.
Procedure for Maintaining Minutes
9. Minutes of closed sessions of the board shall be recorded by the secretary or designate or if the secretary or designate is not present, by a governor designated by the chair of the board.
10. All agendas and minutes of closed sessions of the board shall be marked confidential and shall be handled in a secure manner.
11. All minutes of meetings of committees and task forces of the board shall be marked confidential and shall be handled in a secure manner.
12. Notwithstanding that information disclosed or matters dealt with in an open session of the board are not confidential, no governor shall make any statement to the press or the public in his capacity as a governor unless such statement has been authorized by the board.
13. This policy may be amended by the board.