Cambrian College’s Schools of Health Sciences, Nursing, and Emergency Services has an immediate requirement for three Dental Hygiene Technologists on a temporary part-time basis. The clinic requires technologists who can support the students in their learning and who can support clinic operations in the reprocessing of instruments. (The schedule for these roles will be daytime and evening hours – times may vary.)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that students are provided with a constructive clinical environment, in alignment with previously taught course content.
- During daytime and evening clinical sessions, explain, demonstrate, and provide feedback regarding student clinical procedures and client care experiences based on previously taught course content.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the reprocessing of instruments.
- Familiarity with IPAC guidelines.
- Postsecondary diploma in Dental Hygiene. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application.)
- Must be a registrant in good standing with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario, and be authorized to self-initiate.
- Five years of clinical dental hygiene experience.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of initiative, work-related flexibility, and creative problem-solving skills.
- The ability to advise and positively interact with students is important, as is the ability to work within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Training in educational theory and methodology.
- Experience working within a postsecondary environment.
- Familiarity with IPAC requirements and guidelines for a dental clinic.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Postsecondary diploma.
- Registration with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to produce proof that they are presently eligible to work in Ontario in accordance with Canadian law. Where such proof is proof of temporary eligibility to work in Ontario, continued employment is, at all times, subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility to work in Ontario in accordance with Canadian law.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.