Cambrian College’s Information Technology department has an immediate requirement for a full-time Manager, IT Client Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing management, maintenance, and support of the College’s IT client services and technology assets at the College’s main campus and remote locations.
- Lead a team composed of Technicians, Technologists, Senior Technologists, and AV Technicians while also overseeing activities such as incident management, problem management, change management, and service request fulfilment.
- Review complimentary and disruptive technology solutions that supports the College’s vision and mission.
- Ensure that the College’s technology is stable, responsive, and meets the functional requirements of faculty, staff, and students.
- Monitor service desk queues, incident escalations, and associated response times.
- Develop Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to set expectations and measure performance.
- Analyse performance of service desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Manage communication of urgent and/or critical issues.
- Ensure clear communication paths are maintained with all Information Technology departments to ensure tickets are being handled for all areas.
- Oversee the solutions repository and ensure quality solutions are available to all faculty, staff, and students.
- Manage annual refresh/renewal projects including, but not limited to, computer lab renewals, classroom technology renewals, virtual classroom renewals, and faculty/staff computer renewals.
- Manage budgets to support both the operations and ongoing renewal/refresh inititatives, and make necessary capital requests to support the ongoing growth in demand and increase in service diversity.
- Provide leadership and supervision to staff, including hiring, onboarding, team building, conflict resolution, and performance reviews.
- Three-year postsecondary diploma or degree in the field of Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application.)
- Seven years of demonstrated experience in supporting applications, desktop operating systems, and computer hardware and peripherals. Experience in utilizing Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) frameworks and tools.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
- Proven ability to lead, develop, coach, and motivate knowledge workers, ideally in a unionized environment.
- Ability to effectively manage projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, on budget, and in alignment with the business needs.
- Excellent customer service, listening, and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language, both orally and in writing.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License as this role may be required to visit satellite campuses.
Assets / Preferred
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
- PMP Designation.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Postsecondary diploma or degree.
- Certifications or designations if applicable.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to produce proof that they are presently eligible to work in Ontario in accordance with Canadian law. Where such proof is proof of temporary eligibility to work in Ontario, continued employment is, at all times, subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility to work in Ontario in accordance with Canadian law.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.