Cambrian College is committed to student success, lifelong learning, and responding to the diverse needs of students in today’s ever-changing global marketplace. Within this dynamic, student-centered environment, the School of Business and Information Technology has been delivering vocationally relevant and in-demand education programs since the College first opened its doors in 1967. Today, the School of Business and Information Technology offers more than 24 certificate, diploma, advanced diploma, and graduate certificate programs. Within this context of inspiring innovation and excellence, the School of Business and Information Technology is currently seeking a full-time Professor to teach in its Business Accounting program.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be required to teach a variety of courses in its Business programs. Subject areas may include, accounting, managerial accounting, finance, and project cost management, and other allied areas. The incumbent will also be required to engage in a variety of activities that support teaching and learning and promote student success. These will include curriculum development, lesson planning, assessing student progress and achievement, and class management. Beyond their teaching duties, the successful candidate will be expected to establish an effective learning environment and work as a collaborative team member contributing to the overall direction of the program. In addition, the successful applicant will play an active role in student advising and student recruitment, assisting with the promotion and marketing of the program, and graduate placement. These activities will require that the incumbent assist in the development and maintenance of strong industry connections and community partnerships. Lastly, the incumbent will also have the opportunity to participate on College and school committees to advance the College’s strategic priorities.
(Cambrian’s academic year consists of three semesters, and this role may be required to deliver courses during the summer months. Cambrian offers programs and courses in-person, online, or in a HyFlex mode of delivery, which includes in-person, virtual synchronous, or fully online asynchronous participation, and this role may be required to deliver courses in multiple modes.)
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Business or Commerce along with certification as a CA/CPA on year assigned. (A copy of education documents must be submitted with application. Other credentials may be considered based on work/teaching experience.)
- Five years of related business work experience.
- Previous teaching experience, preferably at the postsecondary level.
- Ability to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others and function effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and mentorship and be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches and current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student success.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of educational technologies, including in-class media presentation systems, learning management systems, and other relevant classroom technologies.
- Ability to work with students from diverse educational, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
- Solid commitment to students and education.
- Excellent written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy and effective critical thinking and organizational skills.
Assets / Preferred
- Previous postsecondary teaching experience.
- Experience with online learning.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Master’s degree.
- CA/CPA Certification.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, along with a Teaching Philosophy, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to produce proof that they are presently eligible to work in Ontario in accordance with Canadian law. Where such proof is proof of temporary eligibility to work in Ontario, continued employment is, at all times, subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility to work in Ontario in accordance with Canadian law.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.