Cambrian College’s School of Skills Training has an immediate requirement for a part-time Technologist, Heavy Duty Equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, supervise, organize, and maintain lab facilities in a safe and efficient manner in collaboration with the departmental coordinator.
- Support faculty in the design, modification, and delivery of academic curriculum, and be responsible for the acquisition and installation of laboratory equipment.
- Provide assistance and direction to students in the lab while also controlling and overseeing students conducting academic projects.
- Actively promote and uphold solid workplace safety standards, and be an effective role model within the classroom.
- Must have a Certificate of Qualification within the trade. (A copy of certifications must be submitted with application.)
- Three years of experience in the trade after receiving apprenticeship training.
- Self-directed individual with the ability to balance multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise tact and good judgment when working directly with College staff and students.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office software.
- Collaborative and dynamic professional who promotes teamwork and works cohesively within a team oriented environment.
Assets / Preferred
- College diploma.
- Experience working within a postsecondary environment.
- Experience in hands-on training.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Copy of Certificate of Qualification within the Heavy Duty Equipment Trade.
- Postsecondary diploma if applicable.
* All candidates selected for an interview will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to produce proof that they are presently eligible to work in Ontario in accordance with Canadian law. Where such proof is proof of temporary eligibility to work in Ontario, continued employment is, at all times, subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility to work in Ontario in accordance with Canadian law.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.