Are you currently completing your high school diploma? Earn a college credit in Entrepreneurship or Trades Practice Applications at the same time – for free! – through Cambrian’s Adult Dual Credit program.
February 13, 2018 – June 14, 2018
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Opportunities in trades – Level 1 Apprenticeship
- General carpenter
- Commercial vehicle and heavy duty equipment
- Metal fabricator (fitter) and welder
Starting February 12, 2018
Monday to Friday from 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Seats are limited.
Who is it for?
The Adult Dual Credit program is for students 21 years of age or older who are working towards their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) at a school within the Rainbow District School Board or Sudbury Catholic District School Board.
Is the Adult Dual Credit program right for me?
College courses are both interesting and challenging. You will learn a great deal, but you will also be expected to work hard.
If you’re looking for a way to save money on your educational costs; if you want to learn new skills; if you want to get a head start to a college career; if you are looking for an adult learning environment; if you plan to attend college after getting your OSSD and you want to ease your transition to college, then you should consider registering in the Adult Dual Credit program.
While taking your Adult Dual Credit course, you will also have access to all of Cambrian’s free student supports and services.
Goals of the program
- To encourage students to complete their OSSD and to consider postsecondary education as their next step.
- To introduce students to a variety of career options within various sectors.
- To help students make appropriate career choices and choose educational pathways before they enter a postsecondary institution.
- To expose students to an adult learning model and new learning environments.
- To provide students with opportunities to learn skills that can be used throughout their life.
- To ease the transition from secondary school to postsecondary education.
What are the benefits of dual credit learning opportunities?
The unique advantage of the Adult Dual Credit program is students are provided with new and varied learning opportunities and real-world applications to help them achieve their potential.
Dual credit courses engage students through exposure to the college setting and culture and let students “try on” college courses at no cost to them.
For more information or to start the application process, contact:
(705) 566-8101, extension 7646