Updates from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenships Canada
To be able to enter Canada as a student, you must meet two requirements:
- You must have a valid study permit or a letter of introduction that shows you were approved for a study permit.
- You must be attending a designated learning institution (DLI) with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by its province or territory.
Your travel to Canada will be considered essential (non-discretionary) if you have all of the required documents and your DLI is on the approved list. Cambrian College’s COVID-19 readiness plan has been approved.
When the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officer greets you, they look at several factors, including:
- your reason for travelling to Canada
- your ability to complete a 14-day quarantine period as soon as you arrive at your final destination (if necessary)
- if you either have time to complete your quarantine before you physically attend classes, or can study online during your quarantine (if necessary)
YOU MUST BRING
- a valid study permit or a port of entry letter of introduction that shows you were approved for a study permit
- a valid letter of acceptance from a DLI with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by its province or territory
- proof that you have enough money to support yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
A Canada Border Services Agency officer will make the final decision on whether you’re eligible to enter Canada when you arrive.
IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO COME WITH IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS
Your immediate family members may be able to come with you to Canada. For more information, visit the Government of Canada’s website.
PLANNING YOUR TRAVEL TO CANADA
FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT FULLY VACCINATED:
All arriving international students who are not fully vaccinated must complete a mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival. Click here for more information about planning your quarantine.
Please the “COVID Safe Canada” widget in the iCent app for Quarantine Guidelines and information.
Please be aware of the following, as communicated in Cambrian’s COVID-19 Readiness Plan, you will be required to…
- Complete a mandatory COVID-19 test during your quarantine period. This test kit will be collected after you complete your COVID-19 test at Toronto Pearson Airport.
- You are required to submit a daily health check to college officials (this can be completed using the Quarantine Daily Check-In on the iCent app)
For more information about Cambrian’s Quarantine Accommodations, please visit the iCent app under “Quarantine Accommodations”. You can also contact Cambrian College International Students Department at email@example.com.
FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE FULLY VACCINATED:
Click here to read the Government of Canada’s exemptions for fully vaccinated travellers.
All arriving students must have a suitable quarantine plan where you can stay for at least 14 days. This is required even if you are seeking the fully vaccinated exemption. Final determination is made by a government representative at the border based on the information presented at the time of entry into Canada.