Cambrian College is among six Northern Ontario community colleges that have signed an agreement to enhance inter-college collaboration in support of learners across the region. "In signing this Memorandum of Understanding, Cambrian has joined our sister Northern colleges in an extensive commitment to develop synergies across our institutions," said Cambrian President Sylvia Barnard. "The agreement will help us better meet economic, social, and industry needs; maximize opportunities for learners; and advocate for the North with a stronger voice."
Specifically, the collaboration will allow Northern colleges to:
- Develop joint recruitment strategies to meet skills shortages
- Increase learner access to cost-effective programs and courses
- Work together in curriculum development and course delivery
- Foster creativity and innovation to support teaching excellence and student success
- Build capacity for applied research projects
The agreement was ratified on November 25, 2012, by Cambrian’s President and the Presidents of Collège Boréal in Sudbury, Canadore College in North Bay, Confederation College in Thunder Bay, Northern College in Timmins, and Sault College in Sault Ste. Marie. Operational details of collaborative initiatives will be outlined in separate Letters of Understanding, respecting previous and existing obligations and collective agreements. The MOU for Collaboration was presented to Cambrian’s Board of Governors at its meeting on January 24, 2013.
(705) 566-8101, extension 7622
(705) 566-8101, extension 7760