Approximately 2,500 members of Cambrian’s 2013 graduating class will be honoured during six convocation ceremonies from May 22-24, 2013. Graduates and their families and friends, along with distinguished guests, will converge at Cambrian’s Barrydowne campus for this annual celebration of academic achievement and excellence.
The ceremonies will also feature the presentation of awards and medals that recognize graduates and community members for outstanding academic and community contributions, including:
- Dr. Fred Sheridan Award – Toromont CAT, a division of Toromont Industries Ltd.
- Alumni Award – Patrick Gaughan
- President’s Gold Medal – Angelica Garcia-Hennings – Public Relations
- President’s Silver Medal – Sarah Luzak – Medical Laboratory Technology\
- Governor General’s Academic Medal – Paul Ricker – Mining Engineering Technician
- Certificates of Recognition – Evan Abitong, President of the Cambrian Native Students’ Association (CNSA); Curtis Bell, President of the Students’ Administrative Council (SAC); and Ben Cambridge, President of the Cambrian Athletics Association (CAA)
- President’s Award for Excellence – Faculty Category – Cynthia Booth – Professor, School of Justice and Community Services
The media is invited to attend. Please see the attached schedule for more details.
(705) 566-8101, extension 6375