SUDBURY – More than 2,500 members of Cambrian’s 2015 graduating class will be honoured during five convocation ceremonies taking place May 27-29, 2015. Graduates, their families and friends, along with distinguished guests, will converge at Cambrian’s Barrydowne campus for this annual celebration of academic achievement and excellence.
The ceremonies will also feature the presentation of awards and medals that recognize graduates and community members for outstanding academic and community contributions, including:
- May 27, 2 p.m. - Certificate of Recognition: Suzan O’Bumsawin, President of the Cambrian Native Students’ Association (CNSA)
- May 27, 2 p.m. - Dr. Fred Sheridan Award: Abbas Homayed
- May 28, 10 a.m. - Governor General’s Academic Medal: Philip Balson – Electrical Engineering Technician - Industrial
- May 28, 10 a.m. - President’s Faculty Award for Excellence: Ryan Carbone – Technologist, Part-time Chemistry Professor
- May 28, 2 p.m. - President’s Gold Medal: Meet Thakkar – Dental Hygiene
- May 28, 2 p.m. - Certificate of Recognition: Courtney Stasiuk, President of the Cambrian Athletics Association (CAA)
- May 28, 2 p.m. - Certificate of Recognition: Brandon Guertin, President of the Students’ Administrative Council (SAC)
- May 29, 10 a.m. - Alumni Award: Meggan Michaud
- May 29, 2 p.m. - President’s Silver Medal: Christopher Richardson – Police Foundations
Members of the media are invited to attend. Visit www.cambrianinternational.ca/convocation for a full schedule, or to watch the ceremonies in progress online.
– 30 –
705-566-8101, ext. 6375