On Saturday, Nov. 5, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Cambrian College will host its Fall Open House.
High school students, parents, teachers, employers, and anyone else who is curious about what the College has to offer are encouraged to attend. Visitors will find valuable information about applying to college, programs and career prospects, on-campus services for students − and they may enjoy a free lunch.
The Open House also includes guided campus and residence tours, great door prizes, entertainment, food, and games. It is a day of discovery that provides a glimpse of what it is like to study, live, and learn at Cambrian.
Faculty, students, and staff will be on hand to provide information and answer questions about programs and services and the many career-building opportunities that the College offers.
In addition, for the first time, prospective Music students may also register for an informative session to help them prepare for postsecondary performance auditions.
At the Open House, prospective students and their friends and families will also learn about opportunities to:
- compete in Skills Canada national competitions
- be part of applied research projects
- choose co-ops, apprenticeships, or placements to make connections with employers and gain experience
- pursue a post-graduate certificate, or use their college studies as a launch pad to a university degree program
Open House will be a busy day, with many events taking place, including:
- Teddy Bear Picnic Auction: Cafeteria, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Bid on a bear and support pediatric cancer research.
- Health and Fitness Expo: meet local health and fitness experts and learn about the latest products and trends in healthy living.
- Varsity Skills Clinic: participants can perfect their skills and find out more about Cambrian’s varsity volleyball program.
Cambrian’s Fall Open House takes place Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Cambrian College. It’s free and open to the public.
Director of Student Success and Recruitment
705-566-8101, ext. 6260
705-566-8101, ext. 6375